Humane Learning Center
Our goal is to strengthen families, decrease interpersonal violence and improve the safety and quality of life on St. Croix for both people and animals.
1. To educate youth, parents and citizens of St. Croix in the principles of compassion, responsible pet ownership, and respect for all forms of life.
2. To use the caring for animals and understanding of animal needs to promote values of justice, kindness and mercy to animals and each other.
3. To provide the community with information about the connection between animal abuse and interpersonal violence.
4. To work cooperatively with other organizations involved in decreasing youth at-risk behavior, ending pet overpopulation and animal suffering, and safeguarding our environment.
5. To focus on both the physical and emotional well-being of any animals in our care and to work to ensure their adoption to responsible owners.
6. To recruit and train volunteers to assist with teaching humane values.
Humane Learning Center Team:
Donna Cascarelli and Therese Donarski formed Humane Learning Center to facilitate humane education and animal adoption services. Therese leads the humane education program, visiting 35 schools per year. Donna manages the Love is in the Air program.